Friday, April 2, 2020 – 9:45 a.m. (Library)
Cancelled due to the Covid-19 Situation – Stay tuned re May’s Book Club!
Book: Carl. E. Olson – Did Jesus really rise from the Dead?
Last seven words of Jesus during his 3 hours on the cross
Powerful 3 hr video
Questions for Did Jesus really rise from the dead? by Carl E. Olson:
1) What evidence is there that Jesus died on the cross?
2) p. 26 Why must Catholics believe in the resurrection?
3) p. 23 What are the two times that God intervened in the world?
4) p. 37 Comment: A world without God, is a world without hope (Eph 2:12) Only God can create Justice. Faith gives us the certainty that He does create justice. The image of the last judgement is not primarily an image of terror, but an image of hope.
5) p. 65-66 If Jesus really was divine, and He really did rise from the dead, why weren’t there many books written about him during and immediately after his life?
6 p. 69 What is the resurrection?
7) p. 78 Why did Jesus eat with the apostles after he was resurrected?
8) p. 81 What does it mean that Jesus is the first born from the dead? (Col 1:18)
9) p. 83-95 Where do we find the main accounts of Jesus’ condemnation, death, and resurrection?
10) Why are false teachings, such as that Jesus did not rise from the dead, and that he married Mary Magdalene, propagated by the popular ‘Da Vinci Code’?
11) Comment on the following statement: Both Peter and Judas denied Jesus; Judas became a traitor, while Peter became a Saint. What was the difference?
12 p. 172 Comment: Adam became a living being, while the last Adam, Jesus, became a life giving spirit.
13 p. 175 Comment on the following statement: Jesus was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit. You say that Jesus had a spiritual resurrection rather that a bodily resurrection.